HOME

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

Home of  my Yamaha RD400  Drag racer.

PAGE 3

PAGE 4

Ora et Labora

PAGE 5

It also needs a mod to the Clutch pushrod.
At the end of the Drag strip the clutch pressure plate is being loaded by the lockup clutch and the push rod must overcome the pressure of the lockup clutch. It normally only has to overcome the spring pressure.
There is a chance that the pushrod "mushroom" may try and weld itself to the clutch pressure plate.
Because it has so much more pressure to overcome.
To prevent that ever happening this is what we did.
We made a new "mushroom" that could hold a small thrust bearing on it's end. This bearing will press against the pressure plate and take the extra weight with out trying to burnout or overheat the pressure plate

So that really about all we have done to this motor.
I cannot tell you how well my mod's worked as the whole project is on hold and the motor is on my bench having some gearbox problems sorted.
But I hope that you can use some of the info that I have presented.
Give it a go...you might enjoy yourself.

Check out my Pipe site and see how I made these pipes.